Microchip Mania in May!
Brogli, Lane, Weaver & Alexander Animal Hospital, Murfreesboro TN
April 26, 2016
Did you know only about 22% of lost dogs and 2% of lost cats who enter a shelter without a microchip get reunited with their families? That is a sad and alarming statistic.
We want to make sure every lost pet has the best chance of reuniting with their family. During the month of May, Brogli, Lane, Weaver & Alexander Animal Hospital will be offering microchips at a discounted price.
What is a microchip?
A microchip is a small device (about the size of a grain of rice) that is implanted between your pet’s shoulder blades. Each chip carries an I.D. number that is unique to your pet. It is a permanent form of identification that substantially increases the odds of a lost pet being reunited with his owners.
How does it work?
- When a lost pet is taken to a shelter or Veterinarian he is scanned for a microchip immediately.
- The scanner will display his microchip I.D. number which will be entered into a microchip database.
- A quick call to the microchip company with the pet’s I.D. number is all it takes to contact the owner and reunite them with their pet.
What about registering the microchip?
- We will register the microchip for you at no extra charge. However, it is very important you keep your phone number and address updated with your microchip company so they are able to contact you in the event something should happen.
- If your pet is already microchipped we encourage you to contact the microchip company and verify your information is correct. We can provide your pet’s microchip number and the phone number for HomeAgain if you need it.
How is a microchip implanted?
A microchip is implanted between your pet’s shoulder blades with a needle. It only takes a few moments and is relatively pain free. Check out our video to watch Dr. Alexander microchip Lulu!
If you have any questions or would like to set up an appointment please give us a call at 615-893-1728.